Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week 9- Math Relays, 3 Free Apps, & Newton's Laws

We started our math this week with a relay race. I love these relay races and the kids really have to work together to get the right answer. It is also a great way to warm up before jumping into multiplying decimals. The relay races are from Lorraine Salmoe on TpT. Check out her store for the math relays. 



We finished up our study of Newton's Laws of Motion so I wanted my students to use the iPad minis to create a project to show they understand the laws. I gave them an option. They could pick Sock Puppets, Tellagami, or Yak It Kids to create the video. 

Sock Puppets (free)


Tellagami (free)


Yakit Kids (free)


I loved hearing them work together and brainstorm ideas!


Some groups even used iMovie to combine each of the 3 laws videos into one. I told them to play with the apps and see what they could do. I'm familiar with each of these apps but I've learned not to limit the kids because I don't know how to do something. Normally someone will figure it out and share with others who want to use the app. 


Here are just a few of the finished projects. 








STUDENTS: This week is our fall break. What are your plans for the week?




4 comments:

  1. My plan for fall break is to stay home and spend time with my family!
    Sophia Nguyen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to stay home all day.
    Dilay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went up to the Smokey Mountains and stayed at Westgate Resort. While I was there I went to the waterpark and hiked up to Grotto Falls. You could actually go behind the waterfall. I love vacation.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed a relaxing vacation at home with my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.