Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Week 5

Addition properties

This week we learned about the properties of addition. My students used dice to create addition problems that displayed the addition properties. I found the idea at Ginger Snaps if you want to see what we did.

Addition properties 2

We also started our math groups this week and the kids had a great time learning how to use our Versatiles.

Learning to use Versatiles

Do you know about Coin Clues? I ordered this book from Mind Ware (which I love) and we started them this week in math to earn tickets for the good job jar. The students are given clues to determine the order of the coins. It is great for critical thinking and the kids were begging to do more!

As you can see, I LOVE Dr. Pepper! Thank you Ryan L for filling my fridge! I'm not sure how the water got in there. lol I think it must be left over from field day last year.

Makes me happy

On day on the way back from lunch a few of my boys found these boxes. They jumped inside and said they were "thinking inside the box."

Silly boys

This week in science we have been learning about conduction, convection, and radiation. We spend a lot of time with our heat transfer pictures. I made a Voice Thread with a few of the pictures. Check it out and add some comments if you'd like. We are going to play around with Voice Thread because I'd love to see my students start to use it. I told them they can figure it out and then teach me!

I was also excited to find our that popplet featured our class mission statement on their blog! See it here.

STUDENTS: Share one example of conduction, convection, OR radiation. Make sure you don't repeat what your classmates say. Go back and read the comments before you post to get credit this week. I'll have your tickets ready Monday morning.

7 comments:

  1. radiation is energy emitted in rays or waves

    ReplyDelete
  2. An example of radiation is when a campfire warms your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. conduction is a transfer of heat between bewtween substances that are in direct contact of each other

    ReplyDelete
  4. An example of conduction is touching a stove and being burnt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An example of convection is boiling water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An example of radiation is to turn on light-bulb,and bring your hand close to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An example of raidation is a lava lamp. Radiation is the whole reason how a lava lamp works.



    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.